Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Mike had to work late last night so the kiddo's and I went to Kristin's house for dinner and some good old fashion pumpkin carving! Today there are many kinds of carving kits with all sorts of fun designs and carving tools. Boy, have times changed. Growing up we used to cut out three triangles and couple jig jags for the mouth. No where in the "pumpkin carving" were the kids allowed anywhere near the knife. It's always fun watching the kids "do it themselves."

Austin and Chloe gutting their pumpkins

..and Gavin (Yes, that is Austin acting weird behind him)

..and Taya


Austin carving his pumpkin (he kept giving me funny faces and I warned him I would use one of those pictures and here it is. I am a mom of my word!)

Chloe carving hers (isn't she just too cute?)

..And Taya (this is a very serious side of Taya as you can see)

...& Gavin (he was quite precise and accurate with his "sawing"--good job, Bug A Boo!)



And the finished project (with goofy Maggie sporting her Dora backpack)

1 comment:

Smudges and Blips said...

How fun! I can't wait until I can do the same with my little rugrats!