Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's in a name??

OK, seriously!! Had I known then what I know now, I might have reconsidered naming my sweet baby girls Maggie and Molly.

Why do you ask? Because they appear to be "DOG" names. I don't know if this is a Minnesota thing, an upper midwest thing or just a DOG thing but there are soooo many dogs around here named Maggie and Molly. I seriously had no idea. Everyday I go outside, I hear someone calling their dog, "here Maggie" "here Molly".

When I named them, a girl at work said to me, "You know those are both big time dog names, don't you?" Ummm, no I don't know...

There are meanings to my children's names and their meanings all seem to fit them pretty well (all are in the Latin term):

Austin:Majestic, dignity
Gavin: White Hawk
Maggie:
Child of light
Molly: The Perfect Child

No comments: