Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Wow! I cannot believe it has been a week since I have last posted. I had to work through the holiday last week. Tuesday through Thursday night. That was hard on me as my family went to the in-laws overnight and I was home all alone. As much as I crave the one hour to myself some days, it sure saddens me when my family is away from me. I also had to miss out on black Friday--boo, hoo! I guess I could've gone after working three 12 hour night shifts at 7:30am but for some reason, I sure was tired/exhausted--LOL! That was the first time I have missed out on Black Friday in years.



I have thought about all the things that I am Thankful for. That was one of the topics of conversation at work last week.

I am thankful for:
1) My husband. Without him, I would be...umm..crazy?? I would be lost. It's been an amazing year for us and for that, I am thankful.

2) Our families. Both sides have been there for us in crazy times, busy times, and the not-so-good times. We really are very, very fortunate to have such wonderfully supportive parents and siblings! I know watching my kids while we work is a lot of work but if anyone is just dying to come back for oh, say a three day weekend, you are more than welcome. Just give me a heads up so I can book our honeymoon.

3) For my healthy children. OK, so I realize that this is generic but really, it's the truth. I thank God everyday that they are all here and happy and well rounded and HEALTHY! This is especially true with Molly. How we have dodged all the issues that could (and still may) come along with her extra chromosome amazes me everyday. She had her PDA clipped at 4 months and intusseception at 6 months and nothing since. She can hear, see, poop on her own (interpretation; is not constipated), and can eat by herself. She really is truly an amazingly healthy child.

4) That my friend, Kelly is still pregnant with her sweet identical twin girls. (Thanks, Becca! I got it! Whoa hoo!)

5) That Mike and I both have stable jobs that are not being threatened during this darn recession. Knock on wood! Go! Go do it right now!!

6) And for Coffee!! In any form but I prefer it with Vanilla creamer. At least 2 cups a day. Yum! Yum! Without coffee, well, we won't think about that. That would be bad. Very, very bad!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yay! Great job on the hyperlink! :-)