Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!



I have to work this New Years which really bums me out. New Years is MY holiday! You see, New Years Day is my birthday. Each year, we go out with some friends and bring in the New Year. Now that we have kids, things are a little more mellow but I still enjoy getting together with friends and having a few drinks and snacks and talking about what the New Year will bring. Not to mention, after midnight, my phone usually blows up with Happy Birthday calls from friends from high school, college and now. It's the one day that I feel especially important and loved. But tonight, I am important in the life of a baby girl that I am taking care of at work and that, too, is a great feeling.

I am 34 years old today. I am in the best years of my life. I so often hear "Oh, to be young again." Um, nope! Not me. The teenage years are years of discovery; of who you are and who you want to be and where do you belong? The 20's were of the poor college days and dating and kissing frogs trying to find that one true love, the one to marry. Don't get me wrong, the 20's were a lot of fun but I think I am having the most fun now! In my 30's, I know who I am, I know who I love (I married my best friend!), and I have established and completed my family as a unit. As Mike puts it, "We're just living the dream!"

So, CHEERS TO 2009!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!

I hope you had a great day at work. Those babes are lucky to have you - at home & at work!!

Smudges and Blips said...

Happy, happy birthday! Stinks you have to work...

Jill said...

Happy birthday, Tracy...from one Capricorn to another! :)

CJ said...

Happy Birthday and Enjoy the New Year:)