Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's a weight thing

After the ladies were born, believe it or not I did lose ALL of my baby weight. This was impressive as I drank high protein drinks everyday and consumed more fat that I normally would. In the end, at 37 weeks, I had gained a plump 54 pounds!!

I was back to my prepregnancy weight within 9 months. I wasn't any where near as TONE as would have liked, but through nursing TWO babies for 12 months AND the added stress of twins (and other things that we won't talk about), I was able to take it all off, essentially, without trying.

This has been my norm. I usually lose all of my baby weight + or - 5 pounds.

Not. Any. More.!!!!!!

Somehow, 15 pounds have found it's way back to my wasteline and butt over the past 12 months.

It's devastating! I have never had trouble with my weight before. I weigh now what I weighed the day I came home from the hospital. Devastating.

It has really affected every aspect of my life.
I am now dreading spring and having to buy BIG capris and shorts.
I dread "going out" as I have nothing that looks good. I avoid "outings". I feel like I look like a fat cow in everything I wear.
We have to buy new scrubs for work by October 1st. I can't even stand the thought of buying "bigger" scrubs that would be comfortable now.

My problem is my stomach. After the girls, it's stretched out with extra skin hanging. (sorry if this is TMI). BUT, my waste is also THREE inches bigger than it was. My hips are 2 1/2 inches bigger. I have this unpleasant, unattractive "pouch" that prevents me from wearing anything that is remotely form fitting as it emphasizes that fact that I "look" 6 months pregnant. Ugh!

So, starting today. Hard. Work. No more pity. No more feeling sorry for myself. No more excuses.

The Zone, Barry's Bootcamp, and Turbo Jam will become a regular part of my day.

Wish me luck on one of the hardest things that I will ever do....

2 comments:

His Mom said...

Don't beat yourself up. I lost weight so quick after having Claudia thanks to breastfeeding and weight watchers, got down to the weight I was when I met Craig so (and I had gained a TON after losing Curtis)...but then real life sets in and it comes with getting older too. It is harder and harder to find time to exercise.

We will be cheering you on!

Tommy's mommy said...

After I had our twin boys I now have a perma pouch on my belly. The extra skin goes no where. Good luck on boot camp!