Friday, April 17, 2009

She did it!! {Woot! Woot!}

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it here but we have been working extremely hard with Molly on auditory comprehension and receptive language.

I find myself frustrated/stuck in a rut. I know that Molly understands what we are saying and asking her to do. She just can't (or won't?) follow commands.

"Molly, go get the baby"...............Nope!
"Molly, go get the diaper".............Nope!

A couple days ago, I was at the park (on a beautiful Minnesota spring day!!) conversing with a few of the neighbors, catching up on the past few months since we all hibernate through the long winter months. Molly is learning to kick (and does a pretty great job if you ask me) and was kicking the ball around. Without giving it much thought, I asked Molly to "get the ball and bring it to mommy".

OMG! OMG! She did it! That sweet big girl of mine picked up that ball and brought it to mommy! I was so excited that I had tears in my eyes--what an accomplishment! Woot! Woot!

Like everything else with Molly, once she learns it/"gets it", she takes off full throttle. Last night after her bath I told her to go downstairs so daddy could get her dressed. She walked her cute little pooper down the stairs and went right to Mike. Mike asked her to lay down; which she did. He told her to lift her butt for the diaper and, yup, you guessed it, she did it!!

Ahhh.....once again, I am so proud and excited to have one more thing mastered.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, Hooray for Molly!!

Michelle said...

YAY!! That is Fantastic!!!

Bethany said...

Aww yay Molly!