Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thoughts from a 5 year old

As we were getting ready for my uncle Al's wake today, I took this opportunity to talk to Bug's (The Gav man) about where we were going to be later.

He understood that Al was going to be in a "special bed" and that he is going to go to heaven.
I commended him on a job well done as that was a pretty good description.
He then asks me with a confused look on his face, "Is Al going to wake up, Mama?"
(I thought about this as I just got done reading that 4-7 year old children don't always understand that death is forever)
I said "No, Bugs. Al's soul is in heaven now. Once you die, you can't wake up, buddy"
Gavin responds with, "Why are we going to his Wake Up then?"
Man, I love how this kid thinks---lol!!!

Uncle Al with my baby, Maggie in August before the diagnosis

No comments: