Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time

Time is free, but it's priceless.
You can't own it, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it, you can never get it back"

I love this quotation. It is so true.
  • I tend to lack the time to blog. I love to blog and see what the rest of the world is up to. I can tell which blogs have a SAHM behind them. I wish I had the time, but I don't. So, I blog when I can. It may be a week in between but I try to preserve my thoughts and memories when I can.
  • I love to spend time with extended family. Mike and I have struggled to maintain the friendships with family that seem "too busy" for us and vise versa. It takes energy. Energy that I openly admit, I just do not have. With that said, I need to remember this and respect the family members that seem to have "forgotten" us or seem to "not have the time" to spend with us.
  • With my uncles passing, I am excited (if I am allowed to feel this way at a time like this) that I will be able to spend quality time with family that live far away. Family that I have missed and haven't seen in a long time.
  • I also am aware that I must make time for my husband. It has been a loooong week (well, month) for us and I am looking forward to continuing our "date night". Before all of this (kids, marriage, college, full time jobs, etc) it was Mike and I. When I work my three day weekend, we go "out" of the house on Monday night and just spend time with each other. Thursday nights we spend time together, uninterrupted together time (at home, once the kids have gone to bed. meaning no bill paying, clothes folding, etc.) It is because he and I fell in love that we now share this crazy busy life.
  • My kids: My world. As I am sure so many of you can agree. It's the most wonderful thing to experience: Parenthood. I don't always think that I do enough for my kids, especially Molly. She needs a lot of me. ALL my kids need me. Austin, my 14 year old, often feels "neglected" for Molly. It is hard to spend enough time and equal time with all four kids. (I often struggle with the famous multiples families: Duggers, Jon and Kate, and the Octoplet's mom. How can they give each child enough??)

This quotation is just a simple reminder of how valuable time is.

No comments: