Thursday, April 9, 2009

To be thankful...

As I write this, my dear uncle's life is coming to an end. An end that is the begining of all eternity (in my spiritual belief) for him. With that brings great sorrow and pain for one of my greatest supporters and confidants in my life, his daughter, Colleen. With so many things going "wrong" in my blogging community and on the personal front, I feel inclined to rejoice the joys and strengths that I have been given.

I am elated that...

My husband makes my coffee each and every morning/day for me without asking.

Molly is perfectly healthy. When she was born, they told me all the "bad" things that could happen to her and she has been wonderfully healthy.

Stellan has been out of SVT for a while now.

Gavin's teacher told us that he is "ready for first grade" halfway through the school year.

Austin is getting a "B" in his advanced math class this quarter.

Maggie is completely potty trained--no more diapers for her!

Mike and I both have wonderful jobs that we love are not threatened with lay offs.

It's Easter! One of the most important reasons that we are all alive and here today!!! Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

I completely can relate to how you feel about your uncle and cousin. And I'm so glad that you have so many things to be thankful for! You've inspired me. :-)

Courtney said...

I am sorry to hear that your Uncle is not well.

I was really touched by this post because I have been feeling very similarly. There are so many sick babies right now. It hurts my heart. But, it also reminds me how lucky I am that my children are healthy, particularly my Lucy. There but for the grace of God go I.

Thanks for the beautiful, and POSITIVE, post!