Sunday, April 5, 2009

To my daughter

My Dearest Molly,

Can you please tell mommy why you insist on scratching your forehead when you subconsciously bang your head while you sleep? The doctors tell me that you will eventually stop headbanging but seriously, my love. You need to keep the socks on your hands so you don't scratch yourself. I now realize that it is impossible to get your nails short enough to prevent this from occurring night after night after night....

People are going to start talking (if they haven't already). They are not going to believe me for that much longer, my love. So, please, protect your forehead and just keep the mits on your hands. Besides, mommy is running low on antibiotic ointment.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little thing!