Friday, May 22, 2009

It's surgery time

Well, Miss Molly will undergo surgery for the second time in her short life next Thursday.

The ENT said that she continues to have fluid behind the ears and her canals are finally big enough to put tubes in. He has been waiting over 2 years for her tiny canals to be big enough to put in the smallest PE tubes that are available. She has never had an ear infection, just fluid. I am a little confused by this because fluid and otitis media go hand in hand (or so I thought?)

I voiced my concern about her chronic sinus infections (for example, look at her poor nose in the previous post. It is so sore from wiping. One good thing that came out of all the snot is that she has mastered blowing her nose--lol!!). He said her adenoids are swollen which is blocking her sinus cavity, therefore, the only place for the nasal secretions to drain is out her poor little nose. So he will be removing her adenoids at the same time. I am hopeful that this will clear up the sinus issues for her. Again, she isn't a text book case here. She isn't a noisy sleeper, no snoring. I guess you could say she is a "mouth breather" but that's because her nose is continuously plugged.

Another problem solved--yeah!!

1 comment:

ABCDE=Party of 5 for ME! said...

I just realized that Molly will be going in for her surgery tommorrow! I'll be praying for you all!

Hugs!
Dawn