Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lera

So, we all know my love for Lera.

No, I haven't stop thinking about and praying her. Not for a one single minute.


Each week, I check the Reeces Rainbow site in hopes to find that she found her forever family. Today was no different. I went to the site, clicked on Russia, then region II and there she is. She has always been the first one on the page. This sweet little face:



But not today. OMG, my heart skipped a beat! OMG! OMG! She found her family!! With tears rolling down my face, I quickly jumped to "new committments" but no Lera. What is going on? Where is she?

Then I went back to Region II. RR switched it up a little. Lera is still there. Darn! {{There's still hope for me, I guess}}. The best part--there is a NEW picture of this Russian princess!!!!!!!!!!


She looks sooo grown up!! What a big girl. It's heartbreaking knowing she is growing up in an orphanage!

Any takers? Anyone have an extra 20 grand laying around to put in my bank account so I can bring her home?

Love her!!

8 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

She caught my eye a few months back too. My husband and I would love to adopt a child with Down syndrome. However, coming up with the $ seems a bit out of our reach at the moment. The problem I would have adopting one child from an orphanage...I wouldn't be able to stand leaving all the others behind. Oh my gosh. That would break my heart into a million pieces.

one_plustwins said...

I am with you on this one. If I had 20 G I would bring her home too!!

You visited my blog http://taylorvillethree21.blogspot.com and asked if you could share. By all means, please do!! Thanks so much.

Christie

Jeana said...

I wish i had the money to give you! If I ever get it...its yours:)

Monica Crumley said...

Wow, she looks healthy, spunky, bright and ready to be with a real family. She's so beautiful -- I hope it works out for you or someone else soon.

Smudges and Blips said...

Yeah, we have a sitter twice a week for only a few hours each day. Unfortunately, it's all we can afford right now. It was a pretty smooth transition. We found two really good gals. One for Mondays and another for Fridays. Gives Bri a little more time at the salon and it helps knowing that it's only a few hours one on one (or rather two on one ha-ha) than a giant day care center.

e said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you really DO have a molly!! :-) Gotcha. Funny thing about that name, i did not know any kids in town with DS when i had her (we knew in advance) but i just LOVED the name!!

Turns out, at the time she was born, there were 4 little girls in town...with down syndrome...ALL named MOLLY!!

Cracked up the people at PT the first time we took her in!!

Nice to meet you...and i follow the reeces rainbow kids too. I would love to bring them ALL home!

e & molly kate

Anna said...

We didnt have the money to adopt our little girl. I hd been praying and stalking RR all summer. But when my husband said he had known we were supposed to do this for quite awhile(long story- read my blog) we just filled out the application and took baby steps forward. Its been a LONG year but the money has flowed in and as soon as our country gets their act together we will be bringing her home. If you KNOW, your family is in agreement, just take that scary first baby step, and before you know it you will be where we are! God does own it all.

Bethany said...

Aww sweet girl. Another Russian princess. How old is she now? I remember when they added her to RR. Go get her, dang it! LOL