Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A reminder to all

Life in the fast lane. That's how we all live. I really wish it wasn't that way but that is how we are. The fast pace lifestyle that we all live is bound to catch up with us at some point.

There are things that happen in our lives that reminds us to check ourselves at the door. To remind us of what is important in life. One of my closest friend Kristin over at Life is What you Make it puts all of this into perspective. Once again.

Her husband has Type One diabetes and he recently discovered that his kidney's are less than optimal. He will eventually need to undergo dialysis or a kidney transplant. This is a very scary situation for her and reality has slapped her and her family in the face about what the future holds. For their marriage and for their family.

With that said, Mike and I try to have date night once a week. After all, it was me and him (and well, Austin if you must get technical) before the kids that we share together came along. Lately, date night has become more like one or twice a month. A strong marriage is what holds a family together and while, at times, this may seem like a difficult task, it's one that needs to be maintained. For the most part, we succeed.

We have our good days and bad days like everyone else. But at the end of the day, I know that I have him to lean on, to talk to, and to help me through whatever it is that I need help with. Without him, life just wouldn't seem whole.

Recently, I have been accused of not responding to and addressing an email quick enough, not wishing someone a happy birthday in a timely manner, for not returning a phone call, and not showing up to a social event.

Life with four kids, having a husband that I need to be there for, and working full time does not always allow me to be the greatest communicator and social commentator. And for that, I am sorry.

But I must live my life so I have no regrets.

I must always maintain that my family comes first and foremost.

So an email may go unanswered, a birthday wish may go unnoticed, a phone may not be returned, and a social event may be missed.

But at the end of the day, I know that I have done what is most important. I may not get to everything that needs to be done and addressed, but my kids are happy, the hubs is happy and I am happy and THAT is what is most important.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Well said!!

Tammy said...

I am so sorry! I just emailed you again about the lap top and I didn't mean to make you feel bad about not getting back to me. I just wanted to make sure that you have been getting my emails. I am a busy mom and completely understand how you feel. I wish you and your family all the best!!!

Kristin said...

Amen Tracy!!

Julie Shaw said...

AMEN