Thursday, April 1, 2010

Looking back...


This morning, I came home to find Miss Molly Kate watching Dora in my bedroom.
I asked Molly (like I do all the time, all day long) what she is doing. She responded with,
"Watchin' ma show, mama!"
Note to self: Never underestimate Molly! NEVER! The words are in there--just laying dormant until she is ready to surprise the snot out of me!
The first year of her life, the song Wonder by Natalie Merchant was my theme song. It is such an uplifting song for families with a child with DS. I loved it so much that I created a video of her first year and half to promote her very first Buddy Walk.
As with any song, not all of the lyrics fit but most did.
"People see me
I'm a challenge to your balance
I'm over your heads
How I confound you and astound you
To know I must be one of the wonders
Of god's own creation
And as far as you can see you can offer me
No explanation
O, I believe
Fate smiled and destiny
Laughed as she came to my cradle
Know this child will be able
Laughed as she came to my mother
Know this child will not suffer
Laughed as my body she lifted
Know this child will be gifted
With love, with patience and with faith
She'll make her way"
Three and a half years later, Miss Molly
  • Is definitely able.
  • Has definitely not suffered
  • Is definitely gifted
  • And has DEFINITELY made her way

Love her...

4 comments:

Becca said...

LOL!! They sure do come out with some unexpected doozies, don't they!? Way to go, Molly!

skiingthroughlife said...

I too used this song for my announcement video (on my blog) it is ever so inspiring.... but stumbling upon your blog I love to see your interpretation years later... How blessed!

Michelle Z said...

oh, that baby picture is SO CUTE!

Runningmama said...

I enjoyed this post so much, I never even noticed the words to that song before!