Friday, May 7, 2010

Waiting...

I am an impatient person. More so than the average person. If I want something, I want it NOW and on cue. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is not one of my most desirable attributes. None the less, God did not bless me with patience.

Well, I know that He knew what He was doing when He blessed my family with Molly. Forget about the RIGHT NOW. Seriously, just forget about it. When you have a child with Down Syndrome, you have no choice but to wait. Are you kidding me? You want ME to wait?

Ha! I'll show you! My child with DS was going to walk at 15 months, talk at 3 years, and definately potty trained by three. Hands Down. She will be stubborn like her mama. She can do it and she WILL do it.

Nope. Didn't happen. Molly walked at 26 months, is starting to use 2-3 word sentences and is yet to pee in the toilet.

Patience, Mama. Patience.

Molly has learned to run. And FAST. Dang, that girl can move! She can open up that front door, scoot down the front steps and be half way to the park before I can catch her!

I waited a looooong time for this but golly gee. She has mastered RUNNNING!!

You go, girl!!


I'm so proud.!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I have no patience and also the need to have things done immediately and to my specifications, so I guess giving me Miss Em was God getting the last laugh ... sort of.

Go Molly Go!!! Good things are worth waiting for!!!!! Molly running is a very good thing!!!!!!

Becca said...

Hahaha, way to go, Molly--keep your mama on her toes!