Monday, July 5, 2010

Whatta sweet boy he is!

With summer, comes many, many activities. Which is why I seriously haven't had time to blog.

We are enjoying summer to the absolute fullest with a jam packed agenda everyday. Mike and I both work full time. But in between work, we enjoy 4 baseballs games for the Gav man each week, one dance class, and swimming lessons. Not to mention my boy turned 7 on June 25th (more on this later, I guess)

The weekends are packed with some great memories with some fantastic friends full of camp fires, indulging of way too many smores, and days out at the lake. Somehow, grilling never seems to get old. Not to mention, my kids all have gills and LOVE the water.

We are yet to go on our summer vacation at the end of July, valleyfair, splashpad, movies, and more campfires!

There was one thing that brought me to blogging today. It is something that I have write down so I don't forget. It's a little something Gavin said.

While we were watching Maggie at dance class last week, this woman comes up to Molly and says, "Hi, Ruby!"

There is another little girl in our community with Down Syndrome. I corrected her by saying, "Oh, this is Miss Molly. Ruby and Molly do look a lot alike".

Gavin was confused. He wanted to know why that woman called Molly "Ruby." (Gav has never met Ruby so he didn't know who she was talking about)

I told Gavin, "well, she is another little girl that has Down Syndrome"

Gavin asks, "What's Down Syndrome?"

Thought to myself "Mmmmmm....what is DS? Does he really not know what that is? He has to know! After all, Molly is almost 4! Do we not use that term at home, really?..."

Gav interrupts my thought and says, "Ooooh, Ruby is cute and nice, just like Molly?"

Yes, Gav. That is what Down Syndrome is!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love it! What a great boy you have there! :)

Janna said...

Absolutely and totally sweet, My 15 year old daughter went on a trip(a church convention) without us, one of her first stories to share with me was talking with a mom that has 7 children with the oldest and youngest being DS the oldest 5o-ish and the youngest 30-ish. Laura, unbeknown to me has a special feeling and reaching out to DS or anyone that others may not see thru the eyes of love....I fell in love with my teenager all over again, there was also a very young boy with DS that she tried to interact with but maybe more severe?? Don't you just love our kids, when they sweetly do not see things as adults may..her favorite song would be "don't laugh at me". I enjoy following your blog, thanks for sharing...

Janna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.