Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Main Man!

I was so sad that I was unable to spend Thanksgiving with not one single family member! I loath that I have to miss out on family stuff because of work. I love what I do and hospital nursing is my "thing". I wouldn't have it any other way. But this time of year, those few days matter to me. I usually take the holidays in stride. Because usually one side of the family or the other shift the "family get together" by a weekend or a day or two so if I miss one, I always know there is a family holiday party that I can look forward to in the upcoming days.

Not this year. Both sides decided to have Thanksgiving dinner ON Thanksgiving Day this year.

I was throwing this big old pitty party to Mike on Wednesday night. Throwing an all out fit that I have to miss out and wish that family would rearrange the holiday festivities for lonely old me. Yes, I know. Completely unrealistic. Not happinin', I know. But still. I had to miss out on seeing EVERYONE. That stinks! Truly stinks! The double time helped. That is about all I was thankful for on Thanksgiving. The pitty party continued through the holiday until....

I woke up on Friday afternoon to find that my wonderful husband had made an entire Thanksgiving feast for lonely old me! He thought of everything. The 16lb turkey, stuffing, potato's, my favorite green bean casserole. All the bells and whistles.

We sat down as a family (minus Austin as he was spending the holiday weekend at my sisters) for THANKSGIVING DINNER!!!!!

I love my man!

3 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh Tracy, that is the SWEETEST!!!!!!
what a great Guy! Bless him!

wien_love said...

nice blog...^_^ how to make blog like yours??? beautiful...and are they ur children?? they are cute...

Plz visit my blog and give comments to make my blog can be nice looking like yours..thank u

Part-e-Rul-a (PeRa) said...

wow..you got a great family gurl..move on!!
Good Day!!
http://dancemazing.blogspot.com/