Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gav's Alian Invasion!

In art class Gavin was taught how to make little people out of a simple piece of foil. This is what he brought home.... Once he was home, he took out the foil from our pantry and began to make several of these little alien like creatures. You know how kids are. Once they get their minds set on something, it's totally guns out! They multiplied before my eyes. He played with them for a couple of hours and then went outside to play with his bestie.

I went up to his room to find that these little creatures were all over his closet! I couldn't stop laughing!

On the trim over the door...

The corners of the closet...


Set up on little stands throughout the closet....

I got such a kick out of my 7 year olds imagination!
I tucked him in that night telling him how excited I was that he used his imagination to the fullest!
When I went to check on him before I went to bed, I found this sign on the closet door:
And this is what I found when I opened up the closet door...
All the little creatures tucked into their little cages. Love this kid!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Omg, that's hilarious!! Those are very, very cool, and his note is even cooler. Love it. :-)

Michelle Z said...

OMG! Gav & Brades would get along SO well! LOL

TOO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! My favorite thing about being an art teacher is when students take what they learn and create it at home! I love have Gavin in art his art has definitely flourished this year! The placement of the creatures is awesome I love the one wrapped around the clothing rack. Way to go Gavin!

Terry said...

that is tooooo cute. By the way, those are pretty cool figures too. He is using quite a bit of skill to pose them and such. Thanks for sharing.